Newburn Law attorneys work with clients to navigate the complex field of intellectual property, including copyrights, patents, and trademarks. We help our clients with:
- Copyright and Trademark Registration
- Patent Drafting & Prosecution
- IP Portfolio Analysis & Strategy
- IP Transactions and Assignments
- Due Diligence
What is IP?
In the legal field, intellectual property (IP) is an intangible product, usually a work or invention that is the result of creativity or innovation. The company or individual that owns the IP owns the rights to prevent other parties from using that IP. Forms of intellectual property include:
- Copyrights: Copyrights protect original works and expressions, such as paintings, photographs, musical compositions, sound recordings, books, movies, which can be owned by companies or individuals;
- Patents: Patents grant rights to inventors to prevent others from using, making, or selling an invention for a specific period;
- Trademarks: Trademarks are words or symbols used to identify an individual or company's goods or services.
Whether you are interested in learning how to protect, sell, license, or enforce your IP rights, we can help you with all of your IP needs.
Contact us today to get started!