CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS TAILORED FOR YOUR NEEDS
Patrick Ivy knows the goal of a contract in day-to-day operations is to achieve commercial objectives on time and on budget while also managing risk. Achieving that goal requires:
- a deep understanding how the business works;
- knowledge of how the contract works; and
- the ability to write clearly and concisely with unambiguous language.
Working across multiple industries, Patrick has successfully negotiated hundreds of agreements of all kinds, including:
- Master agreements for the supply of goods and services
- Confidentiality agreements
- Insurance provisions
- Indemnity provisions
- Licensing provisions
- Independent contractor agreements
- All manner of general boilerplate provisions
Patrick works closely with each of his clients to ensure that each contract and negotiation ultimately produces the exact results his clients are looking for.
HELPING BOTH LENDERS AND BORROWERS IN ALL FINANCE MATTERS
Patrick has successfully represented both lenders and borrowers in all aspects debt financings. From syndicated loans with principal balances in excess of $100MM to direct loans ranging between $5MM and $25MM, Patrick has extensive experience with all finance-related matters, including:
- Negotiating credit agreements and associated loan documents
- Taking security interests in real and personal property
- Preparing corporate resolutions
- Performing nearly every other legal task involved in closing a loan
When it comes to finance, you want an experienced attorney that can help you understand the best decisions for you. Patrick breaks down complex legal and financial topics to ensure you have all of the information you need to effectively move forward with any financing matters.
EXTENSIVE ENERGY LAW EXPERIENCE
Patrick has extensive experience working with upstream and midstream energy companies. Whether a client is a small producer, a large publicly traded company, or somewhere in between, Patrick has the knowledge and expertise to help you.
Patrick's energy law expertise comes from:
- Authoring hundreds of land title opinions
- Performing due diligence evaluations of millions of dollars of assets
- Drafting sophisticated lease agreements used for hundreds of thousands of acres of land
- Negotiating service agreements
- Settling operational disputes
- Preparing numerous transfers of real property interests including easements, surface and mineral interests, leasehold interests, and more.
Along with Patrick's legal and financial aptitude, Patrick's energy law experience makes his legal skills pertinent for any energy-related entity.
Patrick is a native of the Texas Hill Country. He attended The University of Texas at Austin where he earned his undergraduate degree in finance in 2003 and his law degree in 2007. In the winter of 2010, he relocated to Denver, Colorado.
Patrick enjoys spending his free time with his wife and three children and skiing in the mountains of Colorado.